Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aright

(written on Thursday, July 7)

Started off in the computer lab today trying to finish up the rest of the computer based training (CBT). I spent three hours of watching power points telling me not to be stupid or traffick humans. Also, flash drives are bad. After lunch the plan was to knock out some of the medical checklist, at least until I realized they weren’t open on Thursdays. It seems like for a lot of transitioning Lts a lot of time is spent going places and not getting stuff done. One guy spent all morning today trying to get his CAC working so he could work on his CBT. By the end of the day all he had accomplished was unchecking an item on his checklist. Efficiency is secondary for in-processing.

Since I couldn’t move through more of my checklist this afternoon (all I have left is medical and dental) I spent the rest of the day in my room. Champ being bored out of my mind: check. That’s not completely true. I did go bike riding at noon on the perimeter road around base. It’s just over 10 miles, a good three miles of which is loose gravel. My bottom’s sore.

Thank heaven I have an iPhone with 3g internet access otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to browse the internet for TVs for 3 hours and check facebook and email 5000 times this afternoon. I’m sure we’ll eventually find a way to alleviate boredom but for now it actually feels like we’re living in actual Mississippi. We did go get some dinner at a Cajun restaurant in a large shack (large shack is seriously the best description). And by Cajun I mean red beans and rice. Other menu items include sandwiches.

Tomorrow morning at 6am I’m going to a men’s Bible study breakfast the pastor at the Pres. church told me about. They’re meeting at the chapel on base and it’ll be the first one so I won’t have to jump in the middle. I’m hoping I can meet somebody else who loves Jesus. The only drawback is that it starts in 6 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment