Tuesday, July 26, 2011

IFS TD-0

Finally at a place where I'll get to do something! Got here this afternoon with a bunch of other Lts. In the airport and on the bus here the main point of conversation was Field Training. That happened two years ago for most (three for me) and people still talk about it like last summer. It's a horrible syndrome with afrotc cadets. I think it's because it's the only experience we know we all have in common. So every time two or more cadets gather field training will be discussed, and it's never anything new. I refuse to participate.

We were given our schedule for the first 6 class days:

Lots of class time starting early in the morning (and tomorrow we have a physical fitness test at 6 (AFTER breakfast (dumb))), but I'm excited to be doing something. Everyone is given a laptop when they get here. I think it's going to be used in lieu of textbooks, which I'm fine with. Classrooms, auditoriums, lounges, the dining hall, bedrooms, shopette, barber shop, workout facilities and gym really are in one building though, so it will be entirely possible to go a few days without seeing the sun. The bedrooms are nice. I have my own (lots of people have to share a room (hotel room) with someone they don't even know) so I won't have to retreat to a bathroom to have quiet time. There's a minifridge and microwave and TV (not as big as mine but it does have 52 channels (and 52 more channels than I have)). Also we were given ID badges so we look official.

No comments:

Post a Comment